Transfer from Milan's Airports to the city centre
Every year, more and more tourists decide to spend a few days' holiday in Milan. This incredible city, in fact, has increasingly become the capital of fashion, shopping, nightlife and also culture, art and extraordinary events. To get your trip off to a good start, choosing to arrive in the centre with a fixed-price private taxi may be the best solution. It will save you precious time and money, without waiting unnecessarily for a vehicle at the airport during rush hours and without worrying about winding routes on public transport.
By doing so, you can jump straight in and start visiting the city. Milan offers so much to see that one weekend will not be enough to enjoy it to the fullest! Climb the terraces of the Duomo, admire the famous Cenacolo by Leonardo da Vinci, take a walk in Brera or have a snack in Navigli: these are just some of the things you can organise and experience during your trip!
The majority of tourists choose to come to Milan by plane, there are three airports available in or near the city:
- Malpensa Airport: This is one of the most active and important airports, since intercontinental flights depart from here, as well as being a reference point for domestic flights. It is located on the outskirts of the city, in the municipality of Ferno, in the province of Varese and is almost 50 km from Milan. It has two terminals: most airlines depart from Terminal 1, while Terminal 2 is dedicated exclusively to EasyJet.
- Linate Airport: This is the city's real airport, since it is located within the metropolitan area, near the municipalities of Peschiera Borromeo and Segrate. It has been recently renovated, becoming a high-tech airport full of services for passengers.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport: This airport is also located on the outskirts of the municipality of Milan, between Bergamo and Seriate, so it is almost 50 km from the city. It is the third Italian airport by number of passengers and it belongs entirely to the company RyanAir, which has a private hangar.
Indicative private taxi fares in Milan
- From Malpensa airport to Milan's Duomo: from 16.25 euros per person (with 8-seater cars)
- From Linate Airport to Milan's Duomo: from 9.40 euros per person (with an 8-seater car)
- From Orio al Serio Airport to Milan's Duomo: from 18 euros per person (with 8-seater cars)
Distances between Milan's Airports and Points of Interest
As mentioned in the previous sections, only Linate is actually within the municipality of Milan, so depending on where you land, the distances to the most important points of interest can vary greatly. Whether it is Orio al Serio or Malpensa you are almost 50 km from the city, with journey times changing from 50 minutes to one and a half hours based on the time of day, day of the week and traffic conditions. For this reason we advise you to carefully evaluate your transfer when planning your trip: using a public taxi with a meter can be expensive!
Here are some examples of distances:
- From Malpensa to Milan's Duomo: 53 km on the A8 motorway, journey time approximately 1 hour;
- From Linate to Milan's Duomo: 7 km via Viale Forlanini - journey time approximately 20 minutes;
- From Orio al Serio to Milan's Duomo: 53 km on the A4 motorway - journey time approximately 50 minutes;
- From Malpensa to Sforzesco Castle: 50 km on the A8 motorway: journey time approximately 50 minutes;
- From Linate to Sforzesco Castle: 10 km via Viale Forlanini - journey time approximately 30 minutes;
- From Orio al Serio to Sforzesco Castle: 60 km on the A4 motorway - journey time approximately 50 minutes;
Transport in Milan
Finally you have arrived at one of the Milanese airports and you are investigating the best route to get to the city centre. The options will surely include the use of a white public taxi, parked just outside the terminal. The availability of vehicles varies greatly depending on the time of day and passenger traffic, so you may have to wait a long time before you can get a car. In addition, fares are not very economical, with the meter rising dangerously high in case of high traffic on the main roads leading into the city! For this reason we recommend a private taxi in Milan at a fixed price: you won't have to wait inside the airport and the fare will be locked from the moment you book!
Once you arrive to your accommodation with a private taxi you can opt to move around the city with public transport. In Milan, the metro, bus and tram have a fast and efficient service that reaches the main places of interest. Moving around with the ATM transport (Azienda Transporti Milanesi in Italian) is fast and cheap. There are several types of tickets that you can use on all public transport, which runs from 5 am to midnight, with extensions and night routes during the weekend.
Few people use cars in the city, but mainly to get to the outer areas. The road system is very accommodating and allows you to move to any destination outside the city centre.
Fixed price taxi service
There are many advantages to having a private taxi in Milan at a fixed price that will save you time and money. At the time of booking you will indicate your flight details and an experienced driver licensed to drive you to your destination will pick you up directly at the airport. The address of your accommodation will be stated at the time of booking and the driver will take you on the shortest route. The fare is locked and changes based on the distance travelled and not on the traffic conditions. This will avoid possible unpleasant surprises in the price at the end of your trip. You can choose the vehicle that best suits your needs, for example with a child seat or a large trunk.
If your flight is delayed you will have to inform your driver and he will wait, without paying any extra charge, and you will have an incredible discount on the return transfer! Booking the service is very simple. Fill in the form by entering your destination and flight details, choose the vehicle and the system will automatically calculate the cost of the trip!
Taxi service benefits in Milan
- Online bookings accepted 24 hours a day;
- Price locked in;
- For your convenience, you pay cash to the driver;
- Experienced drivers;
- Comfortable vehicles;
- They take you to the destination of your choice;
- Book now and save
How to book a taxi
If you want to book the private taxi service in Milan, just select the airport where your flight arrives: Linate, Orio al Serio or Malpensa and indicate your destination. Select the exact date and time of landing or departure of the flight, the number of passengers, the type and number of pieces of luggage and go on entering your personal data. The name and surname entered in the reservation will be the one that will be put on the sign that will be shown by your driver in the arrivals area inside the airport. To make the reservation you will be asked to pay a small deposit and the remaining amount will be paid in cash to the driver. Shortly after making the payment, you will receive a booking confirmation email with the telephone number of your driver, so that you can be in contact in case of emergency.